Maine relocation Timeline
Timeline of events
Feb 2016 - Made plans to visit Grandparents in Maine during Kyan's spring break. Planned to meet area school administrators to size up the cites. A few weeks before the flight, Pam and I secure interviews.
March 18-27 - Arrive in Lewiston late Fri evening
- Monday: Snow. Off to Portland for Pam's NHRI interview, JS walks around in the snow for two hours (weird Bigfoot Museum, Portland Art Gallery, photography.
- Lots of schools
- JS Interview @ Redfin.
- Pam job offer before departure
April 13th, Wed - JS 12:00pm ->1:00pm in the UofA parking garage - phone interview with the University of New England in my car
- JS 2:00pm - Begin a University-wide web presentation on "Reponsive Design", 2:15 the phone rings w/request to fly out for an interview on Monday. UNE did not offer to pay for the flight but conveyed that I was the first pick, rolled the dice and bought the ticket for the second trip.
April 16th - Late Sat/Sunday arrival in ME.
- Mon 18th, 1:15-2:15 Interview w/VP & Director of Commincations. 2:30-3:00 Met with the team. UofA reference phone vetted, job offer extended.
- Agreed to start June 6th
- Plan to prep the house and drive cross country on May 26th after Kyan's last day of school
April 22nd - Paniced phone call from UNE to move up the start date a month. Airfare and relo offered to expidite a May 9th start date.
- All hell breaks loose for Tucson house sale prep fesability. Pam to do while working fulltime and Kyan being out of school.
May 7th - Back in Maine, May 9th - first day at the University of New England
More unsorted photos
The Cubes arrives
The house before and after